Antenatal Classes Exeter
Here at the Estuary Clinic Topsham, Exeter we are delighted to have Starr Young teaching antenatal classes. Starr runs a comprehensive 6 week antenatal course to inspire and inform expectant mums the joys of pregnancy, maintaining mobility and providing confidence for birth. One of the most important benefits will be a practical understanding of exactly how to utilise the knowledge you have gained.
About the Daisy Antenatal Classes
Our effective and all encompassing pregnancy class help you to learn your antenatal education in a truly effective way – anchored to your breath, your body and your movement – exactly where you will need it on your baby’s birthing day.
Taught by Starr Young, a MaMa Awards nominee for National Antenatal Teacher of the Year 2018, Daisy Birthing classes are inclusive of all birth choices & signposted by NHS Choices & The Positive Birth Movement.
Each Class combines:
- Flowing yoga based movement to prepare the body for labour & birth as well as easing pregnancy ailments.
- Breathing techniques to stay calm & in control through the different stages of labour.
- Active birth & antenatal education to learn how your body will work, how to support it, & what your choices are.
- Relaxation techniques to stay calm in pregnancy & labour, taking the fear from birth & using some birth hypnosis techniques.
- A confidential & supportive environment to meet out women at a similar stage in their journey.
Suitable for women from 14 weeks pregnant.
Active Birth Workshops & Daisy Parent Workshops are also available should you wish to complement your learning with a class both you & your birth partner can attend. More details are available in class.
- Your classes come in six-week terms, a progressive course as the education builds week upon week, adding new techniques and understanding as we work through the stages of labour.
- Each class is one hour 30 minutes, but please arrive a few minutes before your class start time to get settled.
- We will be on mats for most of the class so please wear comfy clothes.
- Classes are suitable for many ailments, conditions and birth plans, and will be adapted to suit – but please let your teacher know in advance of any medical conditions or concerns.
- Classes are as suitable for baby number one as they are for subsequent babies.
- Perhaps you have hopes for a different type of labour for your next baby, or perhaps your first labour was calm, confident and in control but you would like to prepare for any situation.
- Daisy Birthing is accessible for all mums, even those with severe PGP/SPD. In fact, many mums have told us classes really help.
- Daisy Birthing is a FEDANT approved antenatal movement education programme reassuring you of our safety and professionalism.
‘It helped me to be aware of what happens at each stage and how i can help and support. I understand birth now and feel so much more confident’ (Father).
‘The booklet is very useful – it meant we could relax and listen and not feel that we had to remember everything. Brilliant!’ (Mother).
‘I find Gilly to be engaging, informative, very experience and a pleasure to learn from. I did not lose concentration once’ (Mother).
‘The balance between medical procedures and instinct was unbiased. I believe this course is essential and required before becoming a parent. It exceed all my expectations in terms of knowledge acquired and a relaxed friendly approach’ (Father).
‘You were so non judgemental and stressed the ‘however it works’ approach which i found massively helpful and positive. I think it will help us to stay calm, relaxed and in an ‘oxytocin’ friendly environment (Father).
‘The balance between medical procedures and instinct was unbiased. I believe this course is essential and required before becoming a parent. It exceeded all my expectations in terms of knowledge acquired and a relaxed friendly approach’ (Father).
‘I cannot recommend Gilly highly enough, it was the best thing we could have done to prepare for the arrival of our baby. We both felt empowered and inspired by gillys knowledge and experience. I loved that she gave my husband lots of jobs to do during labour!’ ( Mother)
Upcoming Dates:Check Date Availability
This will direct you to Starr’s Daisy Foundation booking page
Share this Post