With the approaching summer energy and the engagement of increased out door activities don’t forget to look after your backs. Here is a short list of tips on how to look after your back from our Osteopath.
- If you are currently in pain, its best to address the problem sooner rather than later. Don’t forget we offer a free back check to all!
- During activity remember to take regular breaks and change your working position
- Bending forward for prolonged periods puts you at risk of Disc Injury, especially with heavy load! Be careful during gardening!
- Ensure you stretch following any activity or exercise
- Prolonged periods at the computer can lead to poor posture increasing your chances of back pain
- Remember your driving positions when embarking on long journeys and don’t forget to take regular breaks.
- Avoid straining when lifting, this may be picking up your little ones to carrying heavy shopping.
- Pace yourself, most injuries occur during quick unanticipated movements.